Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Don't Say I Told You So

As being one of the only 31,000,000 people who saw the Oscars, I will not be the only one to tell you that it was at the least bit entertaining. Aside from the gilts and glamor of Hollywood, Hollywood actually didn't win Oscar this year. Every Academy Award receiver was foreign to this country. Javier Bardem for supporting actor, is Spanish from Spain. Tilda Swinton for supporting actress, is from up across the Atlantic. Marion Cotlard for best actress, is from France, while best actor winner Daniel Day Lewis is from Europe.

As I mentioned on my earlier post, No Country For Old Men would, and did win many Oscars. Yes many as in 4! Directors, Ethan and Joel Cohen won for best directors. It also won for best adapted screen play and best film. And then of course, Mr. Bardem was selected for best supporting. I was correct on each of these nominations, and also for Ratatouille and Diablo Cody. In case you were wondering, what Javier Bardem said in Spanish was, " This is for you mother, all my teachers, all of my family and Spain. Oh, and no nominations for 3:10 to Yuma.

3 comments:

Cladeedah said...

Why you gotta rub it in? That ain't cool.

Shannon said...

You forgot to mention Daniel Day Lewis in the foreigner-who-won category, and Juno for best original screenplay.

jesse said...

I apologize for not mentioning what category Diablo Cody won.