Friday, December 14, 2007

I Am a Big Dissapointment

I could feel the excitement rushing through my veins about 8 hours before the movie. This is gonna be good, oh yeah this is gonna be good. What a lie I told myself. I really wanted to enjoy "I Am Legend, and I even lost sleep over it.(I saw the midnight showing) As I explained in a previous post, I had read the original novel " I Am Legend" by Richard Mattheson. As I read the first few pages of it, I was drawn to it's compelling story, but the movie is nothing like that at all. It starts of pretty well, and at te upmost exciting. The only problem so far, is that Robert Neville is a scientist/marine, and in the book, he is just a regular guy who finds himself in a certainly, unfortunate situation as the last man on earth. That's ok, it has to be some what Hollywood like right? They use cheesy Hollywood effects way to much in this movie to begin with. Ii would have to say that the relationship between him in the dog was done pretty well, but it was still starting to miss alot of key story elements fouund in the book. Like the most exciting part of it!!! People who have read the book will know what I am talking about. So pretty much it is entertaining until the 3rd part of the movie. The writing jusut started to slack alot!! It is almost as if the writer's strike took place during the writing of this film, or the writers read the first chapter of the book, and decided to do it on their own. Final Score: a hugely dissapointing C+

No comments: