Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Quirky Graduation Of The Class Of 08 Along With A Bunch Of Random Stuff Like Cauldrons And Stuff That Sounds Like A Harry Potter Chapter Title

Yesterday was the day I was finally released fresh out the oven into a world of my own. A world of Independence in which you rely on your self and only your self. This world is called reality. Luckily, I've been through reality before, and it's not so bad. Actually, I'd prefer it over an ersatz dream-like creation. Any who, I'm a new man, and I'm happy about it! So I was just curious to know, but it seems like schools here in Chicago make a pretty big deal about 8th grade graduation. Well, that is if you consider a ceremony fully packed with wheeping parents, and long, maroon-colored gowns. As was mentioned to me before, when I spoke to my mother she was wondering why the extra-mile? She is a wonderer, but It leads me to believe that in the West Coast, there is no ceremony of the sort. Any reasons or comments?

8 comments:

Cladeedah said...

Maybe just over congratulatory parents? Aren't you technically a "millennial?" That might explain it. Here, watch this news story to see what I mean.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4126233n

When you 1) get into college and you're 2) drug free, 3) baby free, and 4) car accident free, then we'll celebrate.

jesse said...

What? How am I supposed to do number 4? YOu even got into a car accident!

yournamehere said...

In Kentucky there's no ceremony for finishing eighth grade, but it does make you eligible to run for public office.

jesse said...

I here the same about Texas. Just look at Bush.

jesse said...

I here the same about Texas. Just look at Bush.

Cladeedah said...

You mean you "hear" the same thing about Texas?

jesse said...

Thanks for calling me out.

Cladeedah said...

No problem. Oh, and I did make it to college accident free. My first car accident wasn't until 2000, at the end of my first year of law school.