Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Luck Of The German

I was just made official that I have the worst luck in the world. By luck, I mean not having to work for a prize or cash. Here's the story of the most pissed off weekend of my life.

This weekend, I attended Wizard World Chicago, which is the Chicago comic-convention. I got in for free, because my uncle was an exhibitor, and that was nice, but Rock Band was an aggravating hell. First of all, I'd just like to let you guys know that I personally had to bring my own drum pedal, because WWC is too cheap to replace the one that a fairly large male broke. There's nothing wrong with fairly large males, except when they pound on stuff. So, after a couple rounds of practicing, I find out that they were hosting a contest for the same day and the day after. It took me awhile to gather up a group of really good players(the minimum was 4 players), but we were all psyched up for it. We decided to all do a mediocre song on Expert mode.

We were the 2nd to the last group. What really pissed us off, was that a group took our song after over-hearing us, and completed it all on easy. Their final score was 99,98,94, and 95 percent. When it was finally our turn, we played a difficult song on Expert, and scored 99,98,96, and 74 percent. I scored 98 on drums, and the lead singer got 74 percent- that screwed us up. So as it turns out, the winner is chosen by the band with the best average percentage score with any song, and any difficulty. We got the highest score, but the least amount of average score, mostly because of the singer. Yes, I do realize that we were dumb for not doing it all on easy, but how much street cred would we get? The story doesn't end there, although I know you already lost attention.

The next day my previous bandmates weren't there, but I managed to gather some more geeks. We were all preped and proffesional, and we ended up doing better than yesterday. Our final poerentage score was: 99,100,97, and 97 percent. We all did it on hard, but wasn't enough, because antoher band won by half a percentage point. For example: 99.5. They went home with a box full of statues-an estimated worht of $700. Did I mention they all did it on medium? It was brutal. I did however, happen to get back into DND during the convention, and learned how to play version 4.00. I've got a dungeon master's guide. I've got a 12 sided die.........

2 comments:

Cladeedah said...

Sorry baby. At least you got to go to Wizard World. Some kids don't even get to do that.

FYI, their = there.

jesse said...

I know that, but I couldn't see any minor mistakes like that.