Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Great Return Of The Weeze

I recently discovered that Weezer is coming out with a new album hitting stores on June 3rd which is only 2 days away. Here is a sample song of the upcoming album. I really enjoyed this track, mainly because it doesn't sell out and stays truthful to the hardcore fans. It seems to sound a little close to the Pinkerton album which is regarded as the fans' favorite. If you pay close attention to the lyrics, you can hear many references to pop-culture. Of course, this isn't anything new from Rivers Cuomo and his already perfection of the art. Thus, specifically the line " Timbaland reached the top of the charts, if I work with him I can perfect the art", was also included in an interview by a magazine that I can not recall. I do know that Cuomo has some type of an appreciation for Timbaland. the video contains cameo appearances by Britney's very own Crocker, and as amny of you know, Kelly. They aren't just edited clips with Rivers, Kelly actually came in to shoot the video. One thing I found very funny, is Gung Ho G.I. Joe commercial from the 80's in which Gung Ho trys to encourage children to stay away from drugs. This like many other songs are somewhat nerdy, yet I think many people can relate to Weezer. This album is sure to be a hit. If you go onto weezer.com you can hear one other song from the self-titled red album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog you rock!!!!!
I love you CATLAD!!!!!!!!!!!