Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Sound Of Music

Recently, I have recieved Rock Band for the Xbox 360 on Christmas day. I had been filled with anticipation for the last month waiting to finally play this damn game. I take out the game, and all the other parts that come with it, and start assembling the drum set, which requires only minor assembly. I had a small group of people that wanted to play from the start, which included Brian, Claudia, Myself. If you a freindly with Claudia in any way, then you know she would sing under any circumstance, and she is pretty knowledgeable about music. So I picked up my authentic drum sticks, and started playing random rythyms. Rock Band comes with a guitar, drum set, and a USB microphone that can be subtituted by any. So, of course, Claudia wanted to sing to songs like "Wave Of Mutalation", and " Say it Aint So", but I could not figure out how to plug in the microphone to the system for 4 days. I decided to do a drum solo, and show off a little bit, and boy did I look like a fool. I had always wanted to play the real drums in my life, and when I heard that if you could play Rock Band on expert mode, then you can play the real drums fairly well, I was thrilled. I started off on easy, and barely hit single 4/4 notes, but then it got challenging with the bass, and the double note streaks. So, I sucked it up. Actually, I didn't feel so bad, because everyone else did also. After the next couple days,I started to practice a little, or alot, and became good enough to play on Hard mode!!! I could play Boston on hard mode!!!! I felt like i discovered another hidden talent that I had to develop, and I felt the urge to joing a real band, and become rock star!!! I now listen to music in a different way, and play close attention to the drum part, and realize all the the work that a drummer goes through, and the little credit that he/she gets. I've even been writing my own songs, and stuff. Thanks Rock Band!!!

1 comment: